Monday, May 28, 2012

Naples, FL - February 2012

My family, both immediate and extended, have been vacationing (and eventually living) in Naples, Florida for over 30 years.  My parents, brother and I went down for two weeks every year from the time I was about 2 until I left for college.  My grandma purchased a condo when I was little and upgraded to a villa when I was in high school.  After she passed away, my mom and uncle got the house.  It's nice to have a home away from home in sunny, beautiful Florida.  (Shamelss plug - the house is available for rent when family isn't using it. Let me know if you want details! ;) In fact, Bill's and my first vacation together was to Naples and at the time, he said it was the best vacation he'd ever had.  :)  My first plane ride was to Naples and this February, it became Audrey's first plane destination too.  We had SUCH a good time.  The weather was fantastic so we were able to get to the pool everyday, hit the beach, zoo, play putt putt (mini golf for those not from Ohio) and just relax and enjoy all the fresh seafood we could stuff ourselves with.  We knew this would be our last vacation for awhile, for sure until baby arrived, so we wanted to make the best of it.  I believe we succeeded.
Ready for takeoff!
 At the docks.
 At Tin City.
Riding a camel at the zoo....not sure what I was thinking since I was wearing a sundress!
 Eating ice cream for like the 4th night in a row.
 We discovered that Audrey loves Gatorade during this trip.
Audrey's first time at Naples Pier!
This is how we started - she was all into it.....
 And this is how we ended.....
These horses - Mustangs, actually - are at the entrance to our subdivision.  I forget the story behind them but taking pictures in front of them has always been huge so it only made sense to make Audrey stand out in the blustery day so I could get a photo.  :)
Last story to share.  On the flight home, the flight attendant asked if it was Audrey's first time flying.  When I said it was, she said she'd go get her wings.  I turned to Audrey and said, "Audrey, you're going to get wings!"  She asked, "Will it hurt?"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP