Monday, January 24, 2011

Cleveland Rocks!

The wait is finally over but even after waking up this morning, we had to wait a little longer.  The email Bill was to receive, letting us know where he matched for his Urology residency has historically been sent between 1-3am.  We chose to go to sleep instead of waiting up for it so we could fully digest the news in the morning and let our brains go crazy.  Getting up at 6am was painful but after a night full of a stupid reoccurring dream about the match, I was ready to find out.  With our stomach in knots and feeling slightly nauseous, Bill logged on to his email and....nothing.  No email.  This wasn't supposed to happen so we actually didn't know what to do with ourselves.  We decided to start getting ready for the day and kept checking the email about every 15 minutes or so.  Finally, 7:30 rolled around and Bill had to leave for work - still no email.  We were DYING.  He was able to come back home at 9:15 (I had taken the morning off from work) and ta-da!  The email was there.  It had arrived with 2 minutes to spare at 7:58am.

I think we both held our breath as he opened the email and we quickly scanned through the text.  He matched at...........Case Western in Cleveland!!!!  He's really excited because he had a great interview there, liked all of the guys he met and feels there is a lot of opportunity for him to excel and make a great name for himself.  I'm excited because I have family in Cleveland and surrounding areas - my parents and brother are 2 hours away.  Columbus is a little over 2 hours away - not only are some of my closest friends there but I'll be able to see my Buckeyes play!!  Audrey will be able to grow up going to Cedar Point - the world's BEST amusement park....no seriously, I believe it's won this title a few times.  Cleveland itself has a ton to offer too - a great zoo, museums, pro sports teams, Lake Erie, great shopping, and an amazing food scene.  Foodie friends - I anticipate a lot of good eats in Cleveland!  I heard about this open market today that I can't wait to learn more about.  Exploring the different neighborhoods and restaurants is going to be very, very fun - we can do a lot of damage in 6 years.

Anyway, I'm sure you can tell that I'm pretty excited.  The number of things we have to do now is somewhat overwhelming.  We have to get a realtor and then only have a month or so until we have to put our place on the market and pray to God that it sells, buy a house in a good school system by squeezing in weekends to Cleveland on this already tight schedule and find a new daycare that's as great as the one Audrey's at now.  Oh yeah, and pack and move and Bill still has to focus and graduate, while I work.  I think I'll actually thrive on all of this because I love a good project.  :)~  Get ready, Cleveland, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP