Thursday, January 13, 2011

Letters to Audrey

When I was still pregnant, on the night I went into the hospital to be induced, Bill and I wrote letters to "baby."  We also video taped a message and had our parents video tape messages too.  Since that first letter, I have written Audrey about 5 more.  I fill her in on what she's been up to, what's going on in our lives, what I'm thinking and feeling, and just my overall thoughts on things.  I'm doing this so she'll have a look back into her life from a time when she doesn't remember anything and I'll have forgotten everything too!  Bill and I have both said we wish we knew more about our parents and families from when they were younger so I'm hoping this will help fill that gap for Audrey.  That's also why I do this blog - not only to fill in our family on Audrey's latest and greatest trick (shout out to the Cali readers!!) but to document her life for her too.  There are companies who will turn your blog into a bound book, pictures included.  I'm not sure how the video entries will work but maybe I can swap in a picture or something.  Anyway, I have yet to get a book made but I plan to soon.  We are also planning to video tape another message to her.  This is mainly to show off my young, girlish looks before it's too late.  KIDDING!  I would DIE to have a video message to me from parents when they were this age.  I mean, think about it, how cool would that be?? 

So I plan to continue writing letters to Audrey and eventually our future children - not sure if I'll keep them child specific or write one letter to all.  Hopefully, one day when they reach the appropriate age to read the letters, they'll appreciate them and find their content to be insightful, helpful, humorous, reflective and most importantly, overflowing with love.  So in the event something happens to me and Bill, please keep these letters in mind and make sure Audrey gets them.  They are stored on our computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP