Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Breakfast of Champions

I realize that I said I was going to start eating better but resolutions are only for breaking, right??  I've never been a huge donut person and I'm sure that in the past, I've gone years at a time never even eating one.  I do, however, have fond memories from my childhood of waking up on random Sunday mornings and finding out that one of my parents had already left the house that day to go and bring back donuts.  I also always looked forward to mornings at my cousins' house because they'd get donuts for us to.  In my adult life, I haven't eaten many except when I was pregnant - I craved them like mad.  So much so, that Bill and I scoured this town for donuts one morning and ended up at the local grocery store because no one had any.  Enter my co-worker.  He lives about 30 minutes away in Cedar Rapids where they have stand alone donut shops.  He would bring in donuts every once in awhile and I finally asked him if they had my favorite - chocolate covered, cream filled (white cream, not that yellow custardy stuff - yuck!) long johns.  To my delight, they did!  Now, about every other month, I have a surprise breakfast waiting for me at my desk (the sprinkles aren't normal - those are just for Valentine's Day):
YUM, YUM, YUM!!!!  And I love the bonus frosting on top!  Oh, and did I mention that he always get me TWO?!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP