Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Why, God, Why

I know I am a couple weeks behind in posting pics but I had to get this conversation out there.  Today on the way to school, Audrey and I were discussing that it was Wednesday when she fell silent.  A few minutes later she asked, "Why did God make me allergic to peanuts?  Why did He do this to me?"  My heart broke, especially over the second question.  I know that at some point in her short life I must have told her that she was allergic to peanuts because God made her that way but it hasn't been recently.  I have no idea what made her think about that this morning but I just reponded that God made her special.  She then asked if her friend Parker at school was special too.  After I said yes, the whole thing was dropped.  Audrey claims that peanuts are yucky but I'm starting to think that deep down, she realizes that something's different about her.  I'm going to keep an eye on this one to make sure it doesn't turn into something she's sad over.  On a side note, she's now telling fart jokes so she must not be that broken up about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP