Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Magic

Both Bill and I agree that Christmas this year felt so different and magical because Audrey was an active participant.  It was exciting for us all over again, but more importantly, we were excited for HER.  She's starting to really buy-in to the whole Santa thing and it's fun watching her process the notion of naughty/nice, Santa coming into your house at night (creepy!), Santa knowing when you're awake - and therefore, can't stop and deliver toys until you're asleep, leaving cookies out for him, and of course, lots and lots of toys!  She's also discovered the joys of watching a fire in the fireplace and drinking hot chocolate.  I mean, really, what could be better?  We can't wait for Vivian to be able to join in the fun.

On Christmas Eve, we lit a fire, turned on Christmas music, made hot chocolate and sat together to watch the fire.  It was so nice to cuddle as a family.  My mom had gotten Audrey a Hello Kitty Christmas bowl and mug set that included a hot chocolate packet and Audrey has used it a million times already.  My dad wrapped it up this year since it was finally age appropriate.  Again - that's my mom for you - she bought so much stuff that my dad said there are still items for Audrey that just aren't age appropriate yet.  I love it though because it's through these gifts that my mom is living on for Audrey.

When it was finally time to go to bed, Audrey was dragging her feet and just not listening - even though we told her that Santa wouldn't come until she was asleep.  Finally, I told her that I thought I heard Santa's jingle bells and you should have seen the look of terror on her face!  Eyes wide, mouth dropped and she didn't know what to do with herself.  I actually think I unintentionally scared her a little.  That got her moving though, she ran to the stairs to go to bed.   Success!

Earlier in the day we made cookies for Santa.  Audrey asked me if I thought he'd like them! Here they are left out for him along with carrots for the reindeer.
Santa and the reindeer were really hungry!  And yes, Santa loved the cookies.
Presents!!!
It figures that when I finally do make it into the pics, it's right after I get out of bed and am still in my jammies!
Eating her toys:
Books from our cousins - Elaine, Kevin and Meryl.  Elaine is a librarian so the girls get great literary gifts!  Notice Viv is eating hers.  :)
We finally had to take the gifts away from her!
Hmmmm, what's under the sheet?
A new kitchen!
Her new shopping cart so she can buy things for her kitchen:
My First Christmas bib from cousin Ay Ay:
Our Christmas loves:

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP