Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

So it was supposed to be my parents' (aka my mom's) turn to host Thanksgiving this year.  We discussed still having it at my dad's but having me and my sister-in-law cook.  Ultimately, Bill and I decided to just bite the bullet and host it ourselves.  What a fun decision!  We had a lot of work to do because we were expecting 17-20 people and our house doesn't have a lot of space.  We took this opportunity to get the finished side of our basement cleaned up and turned into a game room (in the end, not a single person hung out down there - that's okay though - at least it's done now! :)  Anyway, we had a blast.  I love my family!!  We ended up having 17 people, the food turned out really well and no one got food poisoning!  I only wish my mom was here to see me hosting my first big family event.  I think I would have done her proud.
My brother (Uncle Sean!) hanging with Viv
Cousins!
My cousins Kelly and Casey
The 23 lb bird.  It looks pretty dark but turned out really well.  We highly recommend brining.  It may have been a tad salty but the flavor was excellent!  My mom actually bought us the brine mix from Williams-Sonoma so I guess she was kind of there that day helping out afterall.  :)
My aunt, Samantha and Kelly
One without me
One with me  :)
The other side of the table
The other turkey!
My uncle and Casey
Victoria and Samantha
Playing outside.  This is exactly what my brother, cousins and I would do when we were little during family get togethers!
Audrey hanging with the big girls.
This picture makes me laugh:
Playing Left Right Center:
Opening some early birthday gifts:
Love, love, love this pic!
The four of us.  Hope you all had great Thanksgivings too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP