Friday, December 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Audrey!

Our baby is 3!  Audrey has grown up so fast and into such an amazing little girl.  We are madly in love with her and are trying to cherish each day.  We can't believe how advanced her communication skills are and are constantly laughing or in awe at what she says.  Her brain and thought process fascinate us!  We are having the time of our lives with her and can't hug and kiss her enough.  

I stayed up late the night before and decorated:
After waking up:
Her birthday cupcake!
Wearing her "3" shirt and snow boots.....she just really wanted to wear them.  :)
Blurry but too cute not to post:
Stack of presents:
A SLINKY!  Quite possibly her favorite gift.
Dressed as Snow White from her new Disney Princess dress up trunk.
Playing with an old school toy.  My mom kept all of our toys from when were little.  I told my dad to go through them because if we don't get them out now, my mom will have kept them all for naught.
Showing off two Disney movies from her cousin Mallory:
More Veggie Tales!!
Helping Daddy put together her new Dora trike from Ninang AyAy and Uncle Dane:
Some shots of our other lovely:
Exhausted after playing with all of her new toys all day:

While the day was all about Audrey, a friend wished me "Happy Giving Birth Day" and I told her I liked the sound of that.  You never really look at it from the mom's (or dad's) perspective but to sit back and replay the day from three years ago, it's very heart warming.  How your life can change in just a few hours and then to think about how much it has changed in the three years since!  Amazing.  I always thought our lives were full and then you have a child and realize it was so very empty.  While I appreciate our "single" days and wouldn't change anything, I am so thankful to have the opportunity to have my own family.  I was lucky and had phenomenal parents and an excellent childhood.  I can only hope to provide the same for my kids.  So Happy Birthday, Audrey!  And Happy 3 Years as Parents to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP