Sunday, November 18, 2012

Crazy Busy

I know I haven't posted anything this week but that's only because we are crazy busy around here.  Work has been insane for me the last few weeks and Bill was studying for an in-service exam that he just took yesterday.  Mix that in with trying to plan for our first Thanksgiving as hosts (yikes!), and we have zero time for anything else.  We've made Thanksgiving dinner many times for friends and small subsets of family members but this year, we'll have 17 people in our house.  We knew that we needed to finally get our basement organized and set up as a game room in order to accommodate that many people.  It went from being a total mess of unpacked boxes and stacks of junk that we didn't know what to do with, to a rec room complete with tables, chairs, futon, TV, game consoles and dart board.  The unfinished side of our basement has four sets of shelves that we completely filled and then some.  We still have work to do but for this week, it will be perfect.  On Friday, Bill's parents are coming in for Audrey's birthday (yay 3 year old!) and then will stay to babysit so I can go on a 4 day business trip to Richmond.  The night after I get home, we have the urology department's holiday party and then the next day, we're having a small birthday party for Audrey.  I'm exhausted just typing this.  I expect that I'll have a lot of posts coming up as long as I survive the next two weeks.  To be honest, I have draft posts that I just haven't even gotten around to....one on Audrey's big girl room that I started back in August!  Life always gets so busy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP