Wednesday, May 26, 2010

McCoffee vs. Starbitter

There, I've said it.  I'm not a Starbucks fan.  Blasphemy, I know.  I find their coffee to be bitter, I don't think they have enough creative chocolatey, caramely options and they are overpriced.  I do really like their Frappuccinos (although their whipped cream leaves an oil slick in your mouth) and holiday drinks.  I mean, who doesn't love a good Egg Nog latte??  That said, I have discovered McDonald's....yes, McDonald's.  I heart their McCafes and Frappes.  YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!  Their straight up coffee?  Eh, not so much.  I find it has an oily aftertaste or something.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Their options are also limited but that's okay.  I'll just use them for what they've got.  Their prices are ridiculously low.  A Frappe that is either the same size or bigger (I think bigger) than a Frappuccino is only $2.79.  How can you beat that?  I could practically buy two for the price of one Frappuccino......maybe I shouldn't have come to that realization.  I am seriously addicted to the Frappes.  The caramel version is really good but the chocolate one isn't the best.  For some reason, I really like their mocha McCafe and I can only assume they use the same chocolate so figure that one out.  Anyway, if you haven't tried the McDonald's drinks yet, you really should (and pick me up one while you're at it).  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP