Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hello There

Hi, my name is Laura and I'm a terrible blogger.  I'm ashamed to say that I haven't posted anything in over a year.  It's not that I didn't think about posting, like a bazillion times, but I sit at my computer all day long working and the last thing I want to do is sit at it again at night and take time away from my family.  It also takes forever to post photos.  That said, I've heard from a few people (love you family!) that have complained that I'm not keeping up.  So, I'm back.  I can't promise it will be daily, I can't even promise weekly but I will make a concerted effort to stay current.  And, because I can't handle the year gap in posts, I'm going to go back and post events over the last year.  I'll sleep better at night.  It won't be the first time I've played catch up but hopefully it will be the last.

The most recent fun and exciting thing in our lives is that THE Ohio State University just won the first college football playoff NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't even tell you how psyched I am over this!!!!!  We are HUGE college football fans and even bigger Buckeye fans so the last month or so of football has just been insane.  I was so nervous going into Monday's game but they pulled it off and it was beautiful!  Truly, it was an amazing game.  I only wish we had been at this one since they lost the time we went against LSU in New Orleans.  But anyway, before the girls, Bill and I used to literally watch football all day long on Saturdays.  I could tell you all of the day's scores and we wouldn't leave our couch.  That's been replaced with dance classes and, oh I don't know, a life? but we always make time for my beloved Buckeyes.  We were up until 2:00am watching the commentary and celebration and I am still exhausted.  (We also started Insanity this week - the really crazy, kick your ass workout - and I don't think we were smart about the timing of all this.)  The Big Ten had an incredible bowl season this year - Michigan State pulled off an amazing win, Wisconsin and Rutgers also won their bowls.  Then Penn State, the other team that holds my heart, won their bowl against Boston College - also a super exciting game.  I'm so sad football season is over but will be riding this high for awhile.  The game was an instant classic.

So, start stopping by more often and I'll promise the same.  In the meantime, Go Bucks!
This is Julia.....she's new.  :)

1 comment:

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP