Sunday, May 5, 2013

11 Months and Birthdays

Today is Bill's birthday!  A few weeks ago I asked Audrey what kind of birthday cake she thought he'd want and almost instantly she said, "A Spiderman cake!"  And then she said he'd also want a Spiderman tent for a present.  When asked where I might find a Spiderman tent she said, "The Spiderman store."  At least I knew I could do the cake.  Here's the one I planned on "making" found on the internet.
I decided I would just be a decorator and bought the pre-frosted blue cake from the grocery store.  It did not turn out how I had hoped but at least it's not too terrible. 
Bill liked it and it actually tasted pretty good.  Our next door neighbors had invited a bunch of people over Friday night for grilled pizzas so I took it over there to share.  No one made fun of Spidey.

On Saturday, Vivian turned 11 months old.  I cannot believe that she'll be 1 in a month!  Crazy!  She's doing so, so well.  She has waving bye bye, giving high fives and blowing kisses down pat.  She's cruising around like crazy and will be walking any day now.  Her first tooth is in and a second one is about to pop through.  Her helmet progress is fantastic.  At her 3 week checkup, she had already gone from a severity of 12 down to a 7/8.  I think our goal is 0 but I keep forgetting to ask.  Hopefully this growth spurt will continue and she'll be out of this thing in no time.  The one thing that has really come out in her over the last couple months is that she is just such a sweetheart.  Truly a super sweet little girl.  She is so snuggly and always wants to cuddle.  It can actually be a little dangerous now with the helmet because she'll just collapse onto you with no warning and it kind of hurts.  She actually cracked into my face on Friday and left me with a blister on my lip.  The staff at daycare tell us that she even tries to snuggle with the non-mobile kids when she gets tired.  She'll just crawl over to them and try and lay in their laps!  I just love her to pieces and hope she stays so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Laura began this blog with the intention of someday chronicling our children's lives since our family is spread out from east coast to west. We wanted a way for family to get up-to-date news. Since we had no children at the time, it became a blog that followed our (her) foodie thoughts. Cooking, eating out and drinking wine are huge hobbies of ours so it only seemed fitting. Now that children are here we're going to attempt to meld the two together. You will notice "Foodies" and "Family" links at the top left of the page underneath the header photos. Use these links to focus in on the entries you want to read and bypass the others. We hope you enjoy.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP